How To Resolve IRS Back Taxes
The tax season is in full swing. When you think you have contributed enough to the IRS during the year only to discover that you owe IRS back taxes in an amount that causes you significant financial hardship can be frustrating. It is often a good idea to find a tax attorney to meet with you and discuss tax planning for your particular situation. The IRS revenue office will not help you prepare for your next tax return. Their job is to collect taxes. The IRS is not perfect and your situation may mean that many taxpayers are in arrears because they failed to file their tax returns on time.
Tenina Law is a law firm that specializes in helping you find the best solutions for your IRS debt. When you receive an IRS notice, the first thing you should do is to seriously consider it. If you think you can ignore these letters (i.e. You will only be digging yourself a very deep pit if you don’t respond or reject the certified envelope. There are many ways that the IRS can help you in your collection efforts.
Here’s a quick overview:
- Liens: An IRS lien essentially is a written notice to claim your property. Any attempt to sell or transfer said property will not succeed. This lien can be placed on real or personal property, including your primary residence, land and timber, vehicles, investments, future properties, and any other property that you acquire after the initial lien is issued.
- Levies: An IRS levy is an action taken against a taxpayer to declare the intention to seize property in the very near future. A levy against a bank account is the most common way it is used. The agency receives the funds.
- Wage Garnishments: Every time you are paid, an IRS wage garnishment will be applied. Until your debt is settled, a portion of your paycheck will be retained and sent to IRS.
It may be prudent to hire representation to help you navigate the delinquency. IRS collection officers can be intimidating. Tenina Law’s experienced lawyers can help you get the best financial interest protection. You may only need to have your situation evaluated and given tips on how you can negotiate with the IRS. You may also need to have an attorney represent you with tax agency officials. Our attorneys will protect your interests in both cases.
Available Alternatives When You Owe the IRS
When you receive a back tax bill from IRS, don’t think that there are no options. You and your attorney may come to an agreement that you owe the IRS a certain amount of money. If this is the case, your attorney will be able to make payment immediately and close the matter. IRS notices regarding money owed can be difficult to deal with, particularly for those who have experienced a personal crisis. These are some options to help you with your problems:
- OIC: This option allows you to settle your debts for less than the full amount owed if you are unable to pay them. If you are eligible for this concession, a tax lawyer would be the best person.
- Installment Plan: If you owe less than $25,000, the IRS will generally allow you to pay your IRS back taxes over a time period. The agreement must be signed and complied with.
- Non-Collectible Status – A skilled tax professional may determine if your tax debt is not owed to the IRS. To determine if you are eligible, factors such as the age of your bill and your income can be used.
Keep in mind that once the IRS has determined that you owe IRS back taxes, you want your return to be 100% accurate. Tenina Law’s professionals can assist. We will review your tax return and all source documents to ensure that you have reported your income correctly. If you have not filed your tax return due to circumstances beyond your control, we will assist you. Sometimes life can get complicated! This does not mean that your world has to be turned upside down.
Choose Tenina Law For Tax Resolution
We are Southern California’s best tax attorneys. Tenina law is a group that has been in business for more than 20 years. We are tax experts and have successfully managed numerous IRS negotiations. No matter if you’re a business owner, or someone looking for immediate help with tax issues, we can help. Penalties and interest will not stop accruing as long as the tax problem isn’t resolved. Our team can help you get the tax assistance that you need quickly. Our team is open and transparent, so you will get the right information to solve your tax problems. We want you to be able to quickly and efficiently get the answers that you need to resolve your tax problems.
The Services Provided By Tenina Law
- IRS Back Taxes
- None Filed Returns
- Asset Or Property Seizure
- Criminal Tax Defense
- Wage Garnishment
- Installment Agreement
- Levies And IRS Liens
- Penalties And Interest
- And more